Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Madalyn (Maddie) Dame. I am a competetive target archer. I compete in the Senior Women's Recurve division for indoor and outdoor competitions.
- I am attempting to compete in 4 National tournaments to receive a USAT (United States Archery Team) ranking. This ranking is required to become a national team member, as well as receive elite level coaching and sponsorships.
- I'm also hoping to apply for the Women's Excellence Program (WXP) through USA Archery.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- The four USAT Ranking tournaments for 2016 are Arizona Cup (Phoenix,AZ), Gator Cup (Newberry, FL), SoCal Showdown (Chula Vista, CA) and Buckeye Classic (Dublin, OH).
- Each tournament has a registration fee of ~$200.00.
- Also, I'm looking for help with travel and hotel expenses. I live in Southern California so travel to Arizona Cup and SoCal Showdown can be made by car. Gator Cup and Buckeye Classic will require air travel and car rental.
How I Got Here
- I became a competitive archer in college and traveled to different campuses with Cal. State Long Beach during my undergrad. While on the team I earned Academic Archery Honors 2013, All-American Award 2013, USCA Outdoor Nationals Women's Recurve Team 2nd Place 2013, West Regionals Women's Individual 2nd Place 2103, West Regionals Women's Recurve Team 2nd Place 2013, and All West Regionals 2013.
- As an individual I placed 4th at the California State Indoor 2016 (7th in 2015). I also shot for the California Team in Duel in the Desert 2013.
- I'd love to compete in more tournaments, but my biggest problem is funding. I work part time and can't afford to go to big, nationl level tournaments.
- First person I'd like to thank is my husband, Bobby. He puts up with our dirty house, lack of food and piles of laundry so that I can put in the time I need to be at my best.
- Second, is my boss Laura Kelly at Archery Outpost in Artesia, CA. Without her support and giving me the needed time off to travel and compete I wouldn't be able to participate in tournaments.
- Third, is my friend and advisor Bob Wegener. He volunteers his time and energy to coach me in archery, mental training, and time management. He is a wealth of information and I would not be where I am in my training without his advice and support.
- Fourth, are my friends from the Long Beach State Archery Club. The fun times, laughs and mental training you've given me help make the down times seem less down.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Please help me make it to the four USAT qualifying tournaments for 2016 so I can receive national ranking and apply for the Women's Excellence Program (WXP).
- Thank you to everyone who took the time to read, share and donate. I will keep everyone updated of my progress on Facebook!
The Hirota Family